Friday, January 22, 2010

Who are you calling 'boy'?


"BOY."

It's that despised word that so many of you humans use so casually when referring to us dogs. "Here BOY" or "Good BOY". If only you knew how it grates on us. It is the one complaint I've heard over and over again from countless dogs around the world. Let me tell you something: I'm not a boy; I'm a DOG and an ADULT dog, at that, and to refer to me as a 'boy' is demeaning. To my family and friends, you probably don't do it deliberately. You probably didn't know that it bothers me. But I'm saying it now; it does. So from now on, PLEASE, say "Here, TOMMY" or "Good DOG."

Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tommy, you are such a girl. Your feelings are so easily hurt.

big brother said...

Whoever wrote that first comment, that's not very nice. Tommy is just expressing his (deserving) wishes to be treated like the adult dog that he is. He even told me that he is willing to take up some chores around the house to prove his maturity to everyone. I told him this wasn't a good idea, because then he would make me look bad.

Anonymous said...

"HERE, TOMMY?"
COME NOW. A MORE APPROPIATE ATTENTION GETTER WOULD BE PLEASE TOMMY, SHOW YOUR PRESENCE.

NO ONE SHOULD STTOOP SO LOW TO A COMMAND,"HERE.:
I REST MY ASE.