Friday, October 14, 2011

MLK Memorial Dedication

Gosh, I've received hundreds of email relating to my last post about the new MLK memorial.  My blog broke the story about its opening and as you saw, I didn't post a photo of it then.  So it turns out thousands of people now want to rush down there this weekend to see it.  Hey, if you just want to see what it looks like, I posted a photo of it here, so you don't need to brave the crowd.

As you can see, it's a real nice statue.  And there I am, posing in front of it.  As I mentioned before, inexplicably 'pets' are forbidden entry and I only got in because the guard recognized me and all.  I'll be fighting real hard over the coming months and years to secure the right of everyone, black dogs, and white dogs, and all shades in between, to have free and open access to this memorial.  We should never be satisfied as long as dogs are stripped of their selfhood and robbed of their dignity by signs stating "No Pets".

I'll be down there this weekend, mixing with the crowd.  But I want to keep the focus squarely on Martin, so please . . . I'll be signing pawtographs, but just for the kids and puppies.

No comments: