Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Trakr 'most clone-worthy': to be cloned

Trakr, the hero who sniffed out survivors from the World Trade Tower rubble, will be cloned.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080701/sc_afp/usattacksskoreaanimalcloneoffbeatp://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080701/sc_afp/usattacksskoreaanimalcloneoffbeat


Trakr, a German shepherd who lives with his owner James Symington in Los Angeles, was picked by BioArts International as the most "clone-worthy" canine in a competition offering an owner a free chance to replicate their pet.

Good for Trakr; he looks like the kind of dog you can sit down with and hoist a few rounds of gravy. But what the article omits is where I came out on the 'clone-worthy' list. I'm in frequent communication with a dog whose owner works for BioArts International, so I've been following the selection process closely. He told me I weighed in at #53 overall and perhaps more important, #2 on the cockapoo list. So who knows, maybe if I improve a little, learn how to fetch better, eat my all my dog food in one sitting, things like that, maybe I'll move up. I'm not saying I want to be cloned and you, my readers, voted against it. But it's nice to be recognized, just the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear little Tommy,

I must admit I am quite suspicious about this blog posting. Now, don't get me wrong because you're a very good and well-behaved (most of the time) little cockapoo, but #2 cockapoo in the entire world? And you're in the top 60 for all dogs in the ENITRE world? I would like to get in touch with this canine informant of yours who told you these statistics. I think he might be pulling your paw.